This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Listen, ladies, I know walking into the gym can be terrifying. Like you’re telling me I’m supposed to get sweaty in my oversized T-shirt while Barbie is doing squats on one side of me and the Hulk is benching 630 pounds on the other?

Every woman deserves to walk into the gym like the boss a$$ b*tch they are. So here of my some (not-so-expert tips) to help with GYM-timidation (which is 100% real and you are not alone):

Image from Giphy

Tip #1: Look up workout videos before you go to the gym! That way you have an idea of what you want to do.

A plan = confidence booster. Some of my fave insta – fitness stars are @cristinacapron and @athleanx. Cristina is great for beginners who want to learn the basics and AthleanX is great for the #GAINZ. 

Image from Giphy

Tip #2: Make a playlist beforehand that makes you channel that inner BO$$ A$$ B$TCH energy. Think: Fergie, Rihanna, Beyoncé, etc.

Image from Giphy

Tip #3: Wear clothes that YOU feel comfy in. Who cares if you’re decked out in Gymshark. If an oversized hoodie makes you feel good, WEAR it. You do you, girlie, and that’s when you’ll feel the best.  

Image from Giphy

Now go strut your stuff in the gym.