Homecoming Week: Background on The Great Lakes Science Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

This week is Homecoming at John Carroll and the dance (being held on Friday, October 7th) is going to be at the Great Lakes Science Center! When I was a kid, my dad used to take me and my brother out on Lake Erie in his boat and as a treat, we woul get to park and visit the science center! It is one of my favorite childhood memories and if you keep reading, you’ll get the inside scoop on what will be there when you go (obviously, aside from a dance floor!)

1. Cleveland Creates Zone: This area of the science center is geared toward DIY activities and the STEM subjects (science, technology, engineering, and math). In this zone, you are free to create things such as parachutes, race tracks, rockets, and light sculptures. What you invent is only limited by your imagination!

2. NASA Glenn Visitor Center: This exhibit is solely attributed to NASA and space exploration. Here, you are free to explore and learn anything you could possibly want to know about astronauts and space exploration within the context of NASA. Also, there is an area to learn about the engineering aspect that goes into building things that are equipped for space travel!

3. Science Phenomena: In this exhibit, feel free to touch, create, explore, and see all the things you ever wished you could. Curious about electricity? Magnetism? The science center has an area devoted to fueling your curiosities and your inner child while you experiment.

With all these fun activites, plus all of dancing festivities that will be provided by JCU, the homecoming dance is guaranteed to be an awesome night that you don’t want to miss!