Falling in Love with Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.
Have you been enjoying the warmth of a pumpkin spice latte and the crunching sound of fallen leaves beneath your boots? This can mean only one thing. Fall has officially kicked into gear. It’s finally time to pull out your favorite comfy sweater and appreciate the beauty of the colorful trees around campus. John Carroll and the surrounding Cleveland community is ready to help you celebrate the season with these fun fall festivities

Fall-Themed Drinks at the Cubby:

The Cubby, our resident on-campus student operated coffee shop, has created special drinks specifically for this fall season! Go and try the new salted caramel, pumpkin, and apple pie lattes! With many possible flavor combinations, you can create your own fall featured drink as well. So escape the chilly weather, and spend your night curled up with a delicious cup of coffee (and maybe a baked good or two) from the Cubby!

Halloweekends at Cedar Point:

Though this may be the scariest way to celebrate the fall season, Halloweekends at Cedar Point rank as a favorite of John Carroll students. Be warned: these weekends are not for the faint of heart. Although many of the rides and rollercoasters stay open, the entire park is invaded by every type of horrifying monster imaginable. Cedar Point transforms into a convention for all of your worst nightmares. The park hosts a variety of themed haunted houses and attractions during these weekends. Personally, the presence of clowns keeps me far away from this event, but for those who are courageous, Halloweekends at Cedar Point are full of fun-filled terror!

A Trip to Chagrin Falls:
If you haven’t been to Chagrin Falls at all, go right now. Well, finish this article, and then definitely go. This little town is the most adorable place in the area surrounding John Carroll and is home to a brilliantly beautiful waterfall. Even though this quaint town is always gorgeous, the waterfall is especially breathtaking with a backdrop of colored leaves. Don’t forget to stop in all of the small shops along the main street of Chagrin!

Apple Picking at Patterson’s:
Absolutely nothing beats spending a day at Patterson Fruit Farm during the fall. You can wander around the gorgeous apple orchards for hours and take in all the scenery. The apples are some of the most amazing you will ever eat, and it is definitely worth the trip to pick some! While you are there, stop by their market and taste some (and then buy three gallons) of their delicious apple cider. Apple cider is one of the absolute best things about the fall season, and we promise you won’t be disappointed. Not only do they make perfect apple cider, but Patterson’s also offers plenty of pumpkins to choose for your craziest Halloween carving desires!

Brittany, a Senior at JCU, has a passion for tea, books, writing, and London. As an English major, you can usually find her curled up with a good book somewhere on-campus (usually in O'Malley). She loves everything about Her Campus, and she finds it extremely exciting and rewarding to be a Campus Correspondent!