Style > Beauty

Drugstore vs. High-End Products: Skincare Edition

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Who has issues with their skin and has trouble finding products to help? No need to go searching the internet for any more article after reading this! This article is all about skincare products ranging from drugstore prices to high-end retail.

Face Masks: When using face masks, I like to change up my routine every once in a while. I like to use multiple brands and all different types of masks ranging from, sheet masks to peel-off masks.

• Drugstore: My absolute favorite drugstore masks would have to be, Freeman: Feeling Beautiful masks. They have a wide range of masks made for different skin types or uses. My personal favorite would have to be the, Sweet Tea & Lemon Peel Away Clay Mask; this bottle of face mask retails for about $4.00. This mask made to help clear your face and radiate your skin! After I use it, I feel as if my skin is clear and all the dirt is gone! My other favorite drugstore mask to use is, Tony Moly sheet masks. These sheet masks generally retail for about $2.00-$4.00. My overall favorite would have to be the, I’m Real Aloe Mask. This masks main purpose is to moisturize your skin. I love using this mask in the winter when my skin gets extra dry.

• High-End: I have two favorite high-end brands that I like to use for face masks. The first brand is Dr.Jart+. Just recently, Dr.Jart+ came out with a new line of face masks called, Shake & Shto Rubber Masks. My favorite is the hydro mask. While I have only tried this one so far, it is going to be hard for the rest of them to beat it! This line of face masks retails for about $12.00. While this might seem to not be a steep price, I categorize it as high-end since it is only a one-use product. My other favorite brand is GLAMGLOW. This brand has a variety of face masks with a of different uses. My personal favorite mask from them is the, GRAVITYMUD Firming Treatment. This specific mask makes you feel as if your has been completely rejuvenated. GLAMGLOW makes a variety of sizes for this product, so this mask retails from $25 to $80. Compared to the Dr.Jart+ masks I talked about, you can use this product more than once!

Acne Treatment: While I personally do not have too many issues with ance, I usually have a blemish pop up every once in a while. When this happens I have  products I like to use habitually.

• Drugstore: My favorite drugstore treatment would have to be Neutrogena On-the-Spot Acne On-the Spot Acne Treatment. This product retails for $5.00-$8.00. While I do love this product, if you use it too often or too much at one time, it will dry out your skin.

• High-End: My favorite high-end acne treatment to use is the Mario Badescu Drying Lotion. This product retails for $17.00. I must say, this product really does the trick! If you put this on before you go to bed, the blemish will almost be completely gone in the morning!

Moisturizer: Since I have very sensitive skin, I have been searching for the perfect mositizer, and I think I have finally found them at the drugstores and in high-end retail stores.

• Drugstore: My personal favorite drugstore moisturizer is the Neutrogena Sensitive Skin Moisturizer. This product retails for $9.00-$13.00. This moisturizer is great if you are looking for a product that works and won’t break the bank!

• High-End: I live for this product!! My absolute favorite high-end moisturizer is the Belif: The True Cream Moisturizing Bomb. This product retails from $22.00-$62.00. While this is a steep price, I could not live through the winter months without it!

I hope this helps you find the perfect products to help you skincare routine! Look out for the next edition of drugstore vs. high-end products!

I am learning to enjoy life more and more everyday through my experiences with the people I love.