This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

As JCU bids farewell to another semester, Her Campus says goodbye to staff writer and public relations officer, Ally Lippert! Ally is a communication major with a concentration in marketing who graduated a semester early. Before she tweeted her last Her Campus Tweet, we sat down with Ally to get the inside scoop on her experience being a staff writer, what she loved about being a Blue Streak, and what the future has in store for her.

Why did you get involved with Her Campus?

I was struggling to find my place in college and I love to write, so I showed up at a meeting in the spring of my sophomore year and I’ve met my very best friends through it. I am so glad I got the courage to show up.

What’s your favorite part about being a member of Her Campus?

When we get brainstorming and come up with awesome article ideas. The collaboration is cool.

Favorite Article? (That You’ve Written)

This is really hard because I kind of forget…probably my Christmas article from last year or my Gilmore girls one with Jackie [DiFrangia].

Favorite Article (That Someone Else Has Written)

Honestly, it’s hard to pick because there are so many good ones. I love the ones that can get a point across and still make me laugh.

What is your favorite thing about JCU?

The people for sure. Whenever I hold doors for people outside of JCU, people are surprised. Here, it’s the norm and that’s awesome.   

What was the hardest part of being a JCU and how did you overcome it?

The hardest part was my first 2 years as I struggled to make friends. It was so lonely to see everyone on campus find their niche and feel left out. Going to my first Her Campus meeting was a turning point. I made amazing friends found my place and am leaving JCU with lifelong friends which is something I didn’t think I could have said at the end of freshman year.

Best Advice to other John Carroll Students?

Be yourself and go out and join things. Even if it seems like you’ll never find your place there is so many awesome and different people at JCU that you can find your people.

Feelings about Graduation?

Bittersweet.

After College Plans?

Getting married, job hunting, playing with my dog and visiting my friends at JCU :)

Thanks for being such a great staff member, Ally! We will miss you and we wish you all the best as you move on to the next chapter of your life!

Sophomore. Blue Streak. English Writing Major. Kappa Delta. When I'm lonely I set my phone's alarm to go off every fifteen minutes and pretend like people are texting me. Welcome to my exciting life.