This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Congratulations to John Carroll’s new Student Union President Will Hudson! Will is a Junior Political Science Major from Auburn, Alabama. He is also an active member of Beta Theta Pi Fraternity and has displayed leadership as its Ritual Chairman and Vice President of Brotherhood. His passion for helping people is apparent because he performed service on the El Salvador Immersion trip this past January. To learn more about our new president, read below for some answers we at Her Campus wanted to know:

What made you decide to run for Student Union?

“I ran for Student Union President because I love the work of SU and because I love John Carroll. I wanted to serve this community which has given me so much. I enjoy working with everyone here because there is so much passion across the board from faculty, staff, administrators, and especially students. The opportunity to serve as the voice of the students is an honor I could not pass up.”

What previous experience do you have with Student Union?

“Within Student Union, I have served as a Senator for the Class of 2017. During my tenure as Senator, I also concurrently served as chairman of the Academics Committee. Additionally, I have served as Vice President for Student Organizations in which I chaired the Student Organization Budget Board.”

Are there any changes you would like to make at JCU?

“Generally, my goal is to enhance the overall student experience at JCU.  A couple specific examples on how I’d like to make that happen: In academics, I would like to see library hours expanded to 24 hours during the week. In facilities, I hope to create better utility in parking, charging less for distant spots. In dining, I want to expand the meal transfer program at the Inn Between. However, all I really want to do is serve these great students to the best of my ability by being open-minded and truly listening to all John Carroll students and doing what is best for them.”

What is your favorite thing about John Carroll?

“There isn’t much I don’t like about John Carroll. I love the campus itself; the beautiful architecture and landscape. I love the dedicated faculty and the challenging courses. I even love the caf. But my favorite thing about JCU is the incredible group of people that have become my best friends here. It is because of the people at this school that John Carroll has become my true home and for that, I am eternally grateful.”

Do you have anything to say to your fellow students or would like them to know?

I want students to know that Student Union is the only student organization at JCU that represents all students. By virtue of enrollment at this University, all students automatically are a part of this vital organization. So speak up! Utilize your voice! I love this school and I’m looking out for all students. Feel free to talk to me in the caf, Student Union Office or anywhere you see me around campus. I’m completely willing to listen to any ideas from any student. Student Union can be a vehicle for actual change and I hope more students can become more involved under my administration.”

We hope that this has allowed all of you to get to know our new Student Union President better. Will can be seen working as a consultant at the Writing Center next semester, but if you see him around campus before then, be sure to congratulate him and feel free to share your ideas for the improvement of John Carroll University.

Nina is currently a Senior at John Carroll University and has been writing for Her Campus since she was a Freshman.