Campus Celebrity: Homecoming Court 2014 – The Ladies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

As you may know, Homecoming is quickly approaching, which means a weekend chock-full of fun activities. Throughout the week, we’ll have Retta the comedian, our wonderful Rock Hall dance, and the Homecoming game itself.  For five women, however, it means the announcement of who is truly royal, and who is just the chorus of a Lorde song. While I wish we could all bake a cake filled with rainbows and smiles and everyone would eat and be happy, only one can be crowned. JCU’s Her Campus sat down with the lovely ladies of the 2014 Homecoming Court to get to know each one of them better, and to congratulate them on their nomination. Be sure to vote for Homecoming Queen, and buy your tickets for the dance on Friday the 26th and the game on Saturday! 

Meet the ladies of Homecoming Court! 

Alexandra Freyvogel

Major: History

Hometown: Waynesburg, PA

Post-Graduate Plans: I plan to go to grad school for history. But really, I want to be featured on Drunk History.

Passions: “I love cats,” she says wistfully. Shout out to JEF. I’m President of the Pep Band. So, music and cats. 

Exclusive Scoop: I have a One Direction blog, as well as a major crush on Robert E. Lee.

How do you feel about being on Homecoming Court: I honestly didn’t know people knew my name.

Danni Keane

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Hamburg, NY

Post-Graduate Plans: I want to grow up and be a Vice President of a University some day.

Passions: My passion in life is Papa John (not with to be confused with the pizza). I also feel very strongly about oranges, but not the peels ‘cause sometimes when you order Orange Chicken from a Chinese restaurant, they put the peel in, and it’s just not right.

Exclusive Scoop: I just want to be honest and let the world know I have a hippogriff tattoo on my chest like Harry Potter.

How do you feel about being on Homecoming Court: RT if you cried. 

Abigail Lipsick

Major: Marketing

Hometown: Brecksville, OH

Post-Graduate Plans: I plan to graduate early and get a job or internship, preferably in the sports industry. Right now I work in the Sports Information Department at John Carroll.

Passions: Working out, shopping, and cooking.

How do you feel about being on Homecoming Court: I honestly feel grateful for having this opportunity. Being on a homecoming court is something that not many people get to experience. The fact that the other seniors thought that I should have this opportunity is really amazing! And I am very thankful for that!  

Abigail Rings

Major: Professional Writing

Hometown: Richfield, OH

Post-Graduate Plans: To not live in a cardboard box.

Passions:  Being the Unofficial Fashion Police of John Carroll with Danni Keane. Also, cats are a definite yes. 

Exclusive Scoop: I am factionless. But I also still have an irrational fear of a monster chasing me up the stairs at night.

How do you feel about being on Homecoming Court: Confused

Aly Wolk

Major: Cell and Molecular Biology and Spanish

Hometown: Strongsville, Ohio

Post-Graduate Plans: I plan to go get my Master’s to be a Physician Assistant. I’m particularly interested in immigrant medicine and providing healthcare to traditionally underserved communities.

Passions: I grew up riding horses, and I was team captain of my high school’s competitive science team. I currently spend my time split between my Ebola protein project in one of the biology labs and coordinating scholarship programs for my sorority, Chi Omega.

How do you feel about being on Homecoming Court: I am thrilled to be on Court because I never expected that I, a nerdy girl with braces, would have been nominated. I’m also proud to be able to represent the Greek community! 

Thank you to all five of these wonderful Carroll gals for their participation. Congratulations and good luck!  May you all have a fun Homecoming!  Be sure to attend the Homecoming game to show your support for John Carroll, and buy your Homecoming dance ticket soon!

Senior Criminology major at John Carroll University.  Lover of all things feline, musical, literary, and pomegrantes.