This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

One of the friendliest faces at John Carroll University is none other than Emily Mordini. Emily is a sophomore Early Childhood Education major from Lake Forest, Illinois.  Emily is extremely involved on campus with Kappa Alpha Theta, her tour guide position, executive board for Autism Speaks position, and is an Immersion Leader. She plans to travel to El Salvador in May 2014.

Coming to John Carroll, Emily realized that she wanted to get involved on campus and help others along the way. She has accomplished this by being a member of the Arrupe Scholars Program, Students for Social Justice and now the philanthropy chair for Kappa Alpha Theta. Emily has loved her time in Greek Life at JCU.  “I wanted to get involved on campus early on and get connected to a group of awesome girls who shared similar interests. It’s a huge support system of sisters.”

Emily recently organized a major philanthropy event with Chipotle where a portion of the profits from the sales of burritos and bowls between a set time went towards Kappa Alpha Theta’s philanthropy CASA. CASA stands for Court Appointed Special Advocates, which is a program that works with the court system helping abused and neglected children have a voice and safer living.

On Monday March 31, 2014, Theta had their first event with Chipotle called CASAdilla. Theta is unable to work directly with the kids they help with their fundraising efforts because CASA is a government program. “Unfortunately, because CASA is a government program there is not much we can do hands-on with the kids, but we try and do 2 fundraisers (“Theta Twist & Tie” and “CASAdilla”) a year to raise money for CASA.” Emily said.  The Chipotle event was so successful that they were able to raise $1,200 in the first four hours.

John Carroll has influenced Emily in numerous ways. “JCU has opened my eyes and given me many new opportunities. The people I’ve met here have influenced me by their personal passions and interests.” As a tour guide, it only seemed fitting that we ask Emily what advice she wishes to give students who are starting their journey at JCU in the fall of 2014. “GET INVOLVED! The more you’re involved, the more opportunities there are. John Carroll has so many diverse opportunities for students to find something they’re interested in. Don’t be afraid to try new things!”

HerCampus Congratulates Emily and the women of Kappa Alpha Theta on an amazing philanthropy event!

21 year old college student trying to make it through school one fabulous and stylish outfit at a time. Currently majoring in Political Science and communications with aspirations of Law school after graduation.
Allison Gall is a senior English major at John Carroll University. She is also a member of Kappa Delta Sorority. While not doing school work, Allison is involved in several other activities, including working with her church and taking Taekwondo. Allison also loves to read and write, sing, play violin, swim, and run. She is also interested in fashion, and she is known among her friends as the go-to person for hair and makeup help.