Style

Bookstore Finds: 6 Items For Your Shopping List

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

A frequent item in all JCU students wardrobe: University Merch. As winter comes into full-swing, you may need to upgrade some of your cold weather gear. After scouring the bookstore, I compiled a list of 6 of the best items for the start of 2019.  

1. The Pullover

This Sherpa pullover has literally every feature you could ask for. First, the material is unearthly soft and extremely easy to wash (easy to wash items are a bonus for those in crowded dorms). The color, which is tagged as “Vintage Navy,” is a cute spinoff of the JCU blue and gold. Lastly, the quarter zip makes a versatile option for Cleveland’s equally versatile weather. If it is sub-zero on your walk to Dolan- zip up. If your second floor AD classroom is tropical (as they usually are), then you have the leisure of a partial “unzip”.

2. The Long Sleeve V-Neck

There is not one student at JCU without the classic short sleeve tee. From the “Class of…” tee’s that are handed out at Orientation to the clearance “JCU Grandparent,” everyone has a JCU- based tee. Long sleeve V-necks are somewhat more dressy, but the gold and blue stripes gives this shirt a sporty feel. It is the best of both worlds.

3. The Cozy Crew

This light-colored crew-neck sweater will give you all the winter vibes with all the warmth of summer. Although it is not the classic JCU colors, the white and navy give a nice variety to a typically gold and blue abundant closet.

4. The Classic Sweatpants

If you have classes that begin before 10 a.m., these sweatpants are “must have”. Rarely will you see students (and even some faculty), fully dressed for early morning classes. Sweats in general are great for lounging around, morning classes, or really anytime. Reppin’ JCU in comfort will never go out of style.

5. Striped Pom Hat

Everyone should have their heads covered in winter, especially college students who are already prone to illnesses. A hat (or headband) really is a necessity-regardless of brand/color/design. The “Pom” Hat is one of those things you either love or hate. Personally, I love “Pom” Hats and will continue to encourage others to wear them .¯\_(ツ)_/¯

.

6. Fuzzy Socks

No explanation needed. Although, these would receive bonus points if they were toe socks.