clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
clay banks zUf39GDNyzU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

Her Campus added a really great chapter to their organization due to the hard work and dedication of senior Allison Gall. She became interested in the organization since it started in 2009 and loved the idea of starting a chapter at John Carroll University. Allison is the Campus Correspondent and President/Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus JCU. Her love for writing and great leadership skills made her perfect for the job and gave our chapter a great boost in the right direction. As a Kappa Delta, she has been active on campus and has always done her best to make our community special. With graduation coming up fast, Allison looks back at her time at Carroll and all the things that made it a great university to be at for the past four years.

Name: Allison Gall

Year: Senior:

Major: English – Professional Writing

Hometown: Solon, OH

How was your experience being Campus Correspondent for John Carroll?

It was a super fun experience. I loved being able to start and lead an organization on campus. It has really improved my leadership skills. It was a lot of work but it was worth it because I got to meet some really great people and do some really fun activities on campus. 

What was your experience like starting a chapter of Her Campus?

It was actually a little intimidating at first! There was a long process with Her Campus Nationals, and a lot of paperwork for John Carroll. I would have to say that getting through the interview process and becoming a registered organization at JCU made me a lot more confident in both my interviewing skills and my abilities to lead and get things done.

What is your favorite memory from JCU?

Joining Kappa Delta. The night of initiation and actually become a sister, I truly knew I was a part of something bigger. I had never had that feeling before, and it made a big impact on my life.

What will you miss the most about being at JCU?

The community. Hands down. This community is so important to me because we share many of the same values and moments like having mass right after the Chardon School shooting really made me realize there is a lot of good still in the world. This community is one of the best places for me to become an adult. 

Have any plans for after your four years here?

Interested in working in communications in a college setting or becoming a professor 

What was your favorite class at JCU?

Advanced Shakespeare Studies with Bo and Tom. Simply because they are amazing professors, and I’m so happy that I got to learn from them.

What is one piece of advice that you would give underclassmen?

Make friends with your professors. It is so much easier if you need help with anything, getting recommendations, and even getting advice on other classes to take if you make friends with your professors. 

What all are you involved in on campus?

Kappa Delta and Her Campus. 

What is one thing you wish you would’ve done before senior year?

Started a Her Campus chapter! I also kind of wish I would have auditioned for a theater production on campus and had become a member of more clubs, like PRSSA and the Society for Professional Journalists (SPJ), but then I probably wouldn’t have had time to start Her Campus!

Hello there! I am a sophomore at John Carroll University. I am majoring in Sociology with a double minor in Engish and Peace, Justice, and Human Rights so I stay pretty busy. I someday hope to go into Social Work and then go on to help end the stigma associated with mental health. I am a proud Kappa Delta and will often be sporting my letters. You will either find me singing songs from Frozen on the KD floor, in the library, or grabbing a quick decaf coffee before class.
Allison Gall is a senior English major at John Carroll University. She is also a member of Kappa Delta Sorority. While not doing school work, Allison is involved in several other activities, including working with her church and taking Taekwondo. Allison also loves to read and write, sing, play violin, swim, and run. She is also interested in fashion, and she is known among her friends as the go-to person for hair and makeup help.