2018 Midterm Election Results

As we all know, this past Tuesday, Nov. 6, was the midterm elections. I, like many others, was hopeful for the so-called “blue wave,” and although we may not have gotten as big of a wave as we wanted, it was still a pretty successful election for the Democrats. But political parties aside, this year was an incredible year for women. There were so many “firsts” from this election, and I would like to share some of those with you now:

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez: this 29 year-old became the youngest woman elected to Congress.

Kristi Noem: first woman from South Dakota to be elected governor.

Rashida Tlaib & Ilhan Omar: both became the first Muslim women elected to Congress.

Abby Finkenauer and Cindy Axne: both became the first women from Iowa elected to the House of Representatives.

Sharice Davids and Deb Haaland: both became the first Native American women elected to Congress.

Janet Mills: first woman from Maine to be elected as a governor.

Ayanna Pressley: first black woman from Massachusetts elected to Congress.

Marsha Blackburn: first woman from Tennessee elected as a Senator.

Veronica Escobar and Sylvia Garcia: both became the first Latinas from Texas elected to Congress.

Congratulations to all of these women, and congratulations to America for surviving another election.