10 of The Sweetest Treats in Cleveland

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at JCU chapter.

1. Chocolate Buckeyes – Who can resist peanut butter coated in chocolate? Ohio is known for its delectable buckeye treats, and Cleveland’s best are available at any “Malley’s Chocolates” location.

2. Chocolate-covered strawberries – Sweet, perfectly ripe strawberries coated in rich, decadent chocolate are always a crowd pleaser. Buy yours at “Brandt’s Candy”, where chocolate covered marshmallows and peppermint patties are also available!

3. Macarons – In need of a Parisian treat? Try a macaron! If you can’t make the trip to Paris, Cleveland has you covered at “Coquette Patisserie”, a little pastry shop that has provided Clevelanders with a European escape since 1921.

4. Belgian waffles – A rich waffle topped with chocolate, strawberry glaze, cake batter icecream and sprinkles. Perfection. “Ellie’s Waffles, Smoothies and Sweets” in downtown Cleveland is known for its decadent belgian waffles and handmade chocolate bark.

5. Caramel apples – The perfect fall treat. “Campbell’s Sweet Factory” sells all sorts of caramel coated treats at their two shops located in Ohio City and Lakewood. Still haven’t purchased your caramel apple this fall? Make your way to Campbell’s!

6. Chocolate-covered pretzels – Salty pretzels dipped in rich chocolate are always a must have. If you’re willing to change things up a bit, “Doki Doki Chocolate” in Elyria offers chocolate-covered pretzels in flavors such as coffee and cream and pumpkin spice – perfect for fall!

7. Cake pops – A modern twist on your favorite slice of cake. “Nina Laurens” in downtown Cleveland is known for its many different flavors of decadent cake balls and cake pops.

8. Signature chocolates – Who says it’s all about the taste? “Lilly’s Handmade Chocolate” in Tremont offers countless colorful chocolate designs ranging from floral to plaid. Talk about eye candy!

9. Terminal Tower chocolates – Your average piece of chocolate with a Cleveland twist. Stop by “Sweet Moses Soda Fountain and Treat Shop” for old-fashioned sodas and specially made Cleveland chocolates.

10. A Colorful mix of Candy – Get your colorful candy fix at “b.a. Sweetie Candy Company and Sweet Soda Shoppe” this Easter! With over $3 million worth of candy available to customers, it’s no wonder said shop has been a candy staple for Clevelanders going on six decades!

JCU Campus Correspondent