We all know the embarrassment that came with being 14, and if you’re anything like me you desperately try to forget that year. I would love to block out the awkward stage and the difficult transition from middle school to high school but sadly I can’t. So instead, here are 9 things I wish I would’ve known when I was 14:
- Those girls aren’t your friends. I know it may seem like you need them but trust me… you don’t.
- This “awkward stage” won’t last forever. You’ll probably grow out of it by the time you turn 15.
- That boy is so not worth the heartache, trust me, it’s nothing compared to what’s coming.
- Drink more water. It’ll help with that pimple that just WONT go away.
- It’s okay to wear a t-shirt to school. No one is going to remember you wore a t-shirt on Monday when everyone knows you’re supposed to look the best on Monday’s *eye roll*
- Pay attention in class! Those honor societies look so good on college resumes!!
- Do as many extracurricular activities as your schedule will allow. You won’t regret it and you might even get some new friends out of it.
- Eat that piece of candy. If you want a whole bag of candy, EAT IT. You’re literally 14 and your body will never be as young as it is right now.
- Tell your mom you love her. Tell her how thankful you are for all that she does. I know she can be frustrating but she’s just doing it because she loves you.