george pagan iii f PH16nZHKI unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
george pagan iii f PH16nZHKI unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Life > Experiences

Meet The Team: Mariah Yales

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

Hi everyone! My name is Mariah and I am a junior. I am from a small town called Moody, Alabama, which is not that far from Trussville. Any free time I have is reserved for my family, especially my dogs, Riley and Harley, and my friends. My other interests include watching TV, listening to music a little too loud, playing video games, and reading anything I can get my hands on. I am a big fan of novels, graphic novels, and comic books. I am a double major in Psychology and Sociology, with a concentration in Applied Behavior Analysis. I plan to get my Master’s, and further on down the road get my Doctorate degree, in Behavioral Psychology. I hope to one day work for an organization, school, hospital, community or mental health center that focuses on the treatment of various mental health issues, such as Autism Spectrum Disorder, traumatic brain injuries, and developmental injuries. Her Campus at Jax State inspires me to give a better person, a better woman, and give back to those in the community. I know that I would not be where I am if it were not for the strong women who raised and supported me (my mother, my aunt, and my grandmother) and I would love the chance to pay it forward to others. I know that I would be a different person without their continuous support and encouragement to reach for the stars and achieve my dreams. I am inspired by Her Campus for providing a community for supporting women wherever they are.

Mariah Yales

Jax State '21

I am a junior at JSU, majoring in Psychology and Sociology. My concentration is in the Applied Behavior Analysis field of study. I have two dogs, Riley and Harley, who are the best.I spend my time reading, walking, listening to music, and watching TV.