This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

Hey guys, my name is Aja Bignon and I am a third year student at Jax State University. Go Cocks! I was born and raised in Atlanta, Georgia, the beautiful peach state, and now slowly but surely I am becoming a native of Jacksonville, Al. Growing up I was very active and very busy, my parents made sure of that. I was involved in so many clubs and organizations, but the best thing that I was ever apart of was A.D West Dance Company, where I learned and soon competed dance nationally for 15 years of my life. The dance studio is literally my second home. Here at Jax State, I am studying to becoming an Athletic Trainer by receiving a degree in Exercise Science and Wellness with a minor in Biology (wish me luck!). My dream is to not only work at a university or a clinic, but to become professionally signed to an NFL team as their head Athletic Trainer. Being apart of Her Campus at Jax State is honestly so exciting and such a blessing. I have made some new friends with different backgrounds and interest which allows me to learn from these women and to also be apart of something that can create a positive impact in women’s of all ages lives.