jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

Everyone is desperate to find love. So desperate, many even throw themselves into a relationship that isn’t meant for them. I see a lot of people try and force relationships or things to happen but If someone really wants to be with you, they would be with you. And most of those relationships fail because they weren’t completely wanted to begin with. I think a lot of why people want to be in relationships is to feel loved, like someone cares, to have someone there, because I mean who doesn’t want that. But I think the main problem is people are just in love with the idea of love. I sometimes do fall into this category as well. We see all these movies and read books and see people out and they just look so happy and we crave that same thing but what we don’t see is how hard a relationship actually is. I’m not saying don’t fall in love because it’s hard but stop trying to make someone want to be with you or trying to make them act right. You will find someone out there who wants to be with you and it will be something you don’t have to force and something you won’t have to chase. You are all worthy of love and you shouldn’t have to beg someone to love you back the right way because that isn’t love. Stop trying to go out of our way to find someone. One day when you least expect it someone will come into your life and before you know it and can even think about what’s happening, you’ve found it, you’ve found love. And it was something you didn’t have to mold, teach to act right and take back a million times after hurting you because the right person would never put themselves in a position to lose you. They’ll love you, care for you and grow with you and that is true and deserving love. 

Hannah Knight

Jax State '18

Georgia Native. Panhellenic President. Communications Major.