jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jamie street KaAiThQZrGU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

11 Ways to Fall for October

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Jax State chapter.

Ah! Fall. This time of the year is my absolute favorite. The coolness of the air, the leaves changing and falling, and the crunch of the leaves as you walk. All of it brings music to my ears. Here is a quick list of the best things about October.

1. Changing your wardrobe. Now it’s time for sweaters, cardigans, and pullovers. Can you imagine the coziness?

2. Painting / Carving Pumpkins. This is one of the best things to do with your friends for “spooky spooky season”

3. Watching scary movies. Another great activity to do with friends is watching movies for the season. It doesn’t have to be super scary or it can be a horror. The choice can be from Nightmare Before Christmas to The Shining. The choice is yours.

4. Fall scents. The room can be filled with scents of apple cinnamon, roasted pecans, caramel and hot apple pie. (I’m already happy just thinking about it)

5. Hot Cider. Nothing says fall is here more than a nice warm cup of apple cider. (This list is making me happy)

6. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. Need I say more?

7. Haunted Houses. If you’re into jump scares, haunted houses are the thing for you. This is also a great experience to have with friends. Imagine all of you screaming, running and laughing.

8. Trick or Treat. No matter how old you get, getting free candy will always make you happy. Whether you’re taking a little brother or sister around the block, or you happen to pass by the RA desk with a bowl that says “trick or treat”… I call that a win.

9. Cuddle weather is here. In a relationship, single or… it’s complicated, this weather will make you want to wrap up in your coziest blanket, bake cookies, and watch all your favorite movies.

10. Halloween. Can’t forget the last and most important day of the month. Haloween consists of costume-themed parties, candy, more parties and just an overall great time. SPOOKY SPOOKY SEASON is definitely one of the best.

11. Getting ready for the holy trinity of holidays. October is the month that sets up the holiday season. Halloween. Thanksgiving. Then Christmas/Hanukkah/ Kwanzaa BACK TO BACK! I’m MORE than pumped.

Social Media / Marketing Director. junior. writer. blogger. movie fanatic.
Nana Barimah

Jax State '21

My name is Nana Barimah. I am a Junior-ish at Jacksonville State University. I am the Campus Correspondent for Her Campus at Jax State