This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

It was the fall of 2007, I was in high school, and my current boyfriend and I had been dating for a few months. It was our third or fourth date. I was excited, and I wanted it to be perfect. I made sure my appearance was perfect, but as careful as I was I couldn’t make up for my clumsiness.  

After the movie, he took me to a small Asian restaurant. We were sitting at the table and the young waiter comes out. He bought us some water and bread. I sipped my water and I began strangling loudly on a tiny ice chip. I looked up and my boyfriend tried to help me, and this caused a commotion among everyone in the restaurant. After it was all over and I felt better, I felt so awkward and my boyfriend barely talked and looked beyond embarrassed. I thought he would never call me again. Glad that’s something we can laugh at today.

Check out these other collegiette horror stories:

[pagebreak]

Mayia, Philadelphia, Sophmore:

“My worst date ever was last year. A guy I liked that lived in my suite building asked me out. I was happy to accept. We got to the theatre and he paid for us to see the movie, but afterwards he only bought himself a slice of pizza, and didn’t offer me any. I was so annoyed I barely said a word on the ride back home.”

Nicole, Pittsburgh, Senior:

“My worst date was when my boyfriend at the time took me out for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner. We went to a nice restaurant, we rode the incline, and everything seemed to be going well until he asked me to come to his house for a late night movie. We were in his basement watching “Hitched” and we began making out. Suddenly the lights came on, and his grandmother caught us. She screamed and yelled obscenities until I was out the house. Our relationship didn’t last too long after that.”

Guys have bad dates too!

Rob, Philadelphia, Sophmore:

“My worst date was when I asked this girl out to dinner. I offered to pick her up, and when I got to her house, she had two friends with her. I ended up taking her and her friends to dinner. I barely had enough to feed myself. The worst part was that they were really loud, and they didn’t even seem to appreciate me.”

Well there you have it guys, the worst of the worst dates. Remember whenever you think you’ve had a crappy date, just know you’re not alone.

Have you been on a bad date? Share your story with us below!