Career > Her20s

Women’s History Month Events on IUP’s Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

March marks Women’s History Month, and IUP has several events to promote women’s empowerment. Check out some of these opportunities for ways to become involved in IUP’s celebration of this special month.

• We are Women, Hear Us Roar!
    • This event consists of three successful women sharing their experiences as entrepreneurs and the process of starting their own businesses. It will be held on International Women’s Day, which is Wednesday, March 8th, in Jane Leonard Hall, room 225, from 4:30 – 6:00 PM. This is a wonderful opportunity, especially if you are interested in starting your own business in the future!
  • Embracing the “F” Word
    • You may be wondering which “F” word is in question here…the word is feminism! This presentation focuses on the strong emotions this word can evoke and provides insight into what it means to be a woman in today’s world. Come embrace the “F” word on Wednesday, March 22nd from 4:30 – 6:00 PM in Jane Leonard Hall, room 225.
    • Let’s Go Be Great!
      • While this event will occur in April, it is sure to be an empowering experience with Dr. Malaika Turner facilitating “an engaging session on the topic of purpose, mindset, and walking in greatness.” She will also provide attendees with tools to use on their path to greatness! This event will take place on Wednesday, April 19th, from 4:30 – 6:00 PM in Jane Leonard Hall, room 225.

I encourage you to attend these events in order to continue making change as empowered women!

For more information on these events, please use the following link:

https://www.iup.edu/chwb/news/2023/01/empowering-women-series.html

Tatiana Cleffi is a writer for the Her Campus chapter at Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP,) who enjoys writing about her personal experiences, particularly in regards to her Latin culture. She is a senior nursing student who is eager to graduate in December 2023. Tatiana is passionate about bridging the language gap in the healthcare setting. She studied medical Spanish abroad to become better equipped to provide nursing care to a diverse range of patients. In her free time, Tatiana enjoys visiting her husband in Costa Rica, going to the beach, singing on the worship team at her church, and eating pumpkin pie.