Why You Need to Be on Philly Street this Saturday: 4/27/13

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This Saturday, April 27, 2013, you want to be on Philadelphia Street for some exciting events!

Her Campus IUP and the women’s organization That’s What She Said are putting on a Fashion show to remember. Featured designers, Sarah Mckenzie and Katie Patrick, will debut their lines; Ophelia and Senshi Ona respectively.

We have also teamed up with local Indiana shops to bring fashion forward looks to the masses. The show will feature Casual, Formal and Couture-all of the looks a Collegiette needs in her closet to be fashion forward!

Special Thanks to Tracey’s Upscale Resale, Intimately Yours, Chateau Christine and the Indiana Players for all of their help in making this show possible.

Held at the Indiana Theater, (637 Philadelphia Street) doors open at 7PM with the show starting at 7:30PM with amazing live music! For just $5 you will have a wonderful time!

Don’t forget to join us at the Coney’s Upstairs Lounge for the after party. :)

But before you come to the show, you need to stop by the Sunflower Yoga Studio (580 Philadelphia Street, Suite 104) for their Spring Wellness Fair. From 1-4pm you can:

• Meet local businesses and community and campus groups promoting healthy lifestyle choices
  • Enjoy healthy refreshments provided by our local Pita Pit (voted #3 in the nation!!)
  • Learn new ways of maintaining your
  • personal wellness
  • Discover ways you can actively create a healthier community

At 4PM you can participate in a free yoga class and then at 4:30PM you can cool down with free meditation.

A $5 donation is being requested to benefit the non-profit Four Footed Friends. Door Prizes and Lunch will be provided and you are guaranteed to have a good time!

This Saturday, April 27, 2013 Philly Street is where you want to be!

See you there! 

fashion photo found at acrossthefader.net

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.