Why Blair Waldorf is my spirit Animal

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

When I discovered gossip girl on Netflix during my sophomore year of college, my life was changed forever for the better. I discovered a show that reflected all of my goals and dreams in life. Similar to Blair Waldorf, I too want to be a powerful woman whether it is running my own company, becoming president of the United States, or working in a specific position in my field that makes me feel like I never have to work a day in my life since I love my job that much. Always keep your dreams high because then you will never settle for something that it is not worth your time.

This girl inspired me every day to be a better version of myself and have a mantra that leggings are not pants unless they are a thick Ponte version. She makes me excited for my future to be a “dictator of taste” and always strive to reach your goals despite all of the curveballs that are thrown at us everyday. There was a time where she was suffering from sleep deprivation but her motives were right in line with her beliefs. The goal is to have a nonstop grind because then you will achieve anything you set your mind to.

One of my favorite phrases comes from her and it is that you deserve a guy who would move mountains to be with you if he had to. You should never be the second option in someone’s life and if that person wants to be with you, they will do everything in their power to do so. Never settle is a great mantra because you deserve the best love, and we do not accept the love we think we deserve. Always keep your standards high and individuals will reach those standards when you set them. You are not a stop along the way because you are a destination. Many men are intimidated by strong powerhouse women so those are the ones that we do not need in our life. Guys with big hands to handle your strength are out there and will not hesitate to ask you out on a date because they recognize it too. Do not feel like you need a man in your life. The best men come when you least expect it, but you still need to exert a little effort.

We are not defined by the men we are with which just means that we have to be ourselves and we will be successful on our own. Our men are not an appendage of us but a partner that we are independent of.

Demand Respect

There will always be people who will not respect so you need to maintain a certain level of commanding it for yourself.

She showed how true a friend she could be even through thick and thin, and most likely you are sisters with your best friend.

Honesty is a good policy and it is something that we need to use when we speak. Blair could be very blunt at times but she also gives great compliments so keep that in mind.

Sometimes we just need to shop to cure whatever is giving us a stressful mind and Blair’s wardrobe is evidence that it does a lot of good because it is a beautiful collection of awe.

Even though I never have had a macaroon, she makes me want one so bad plus nothing would be better than eating them in Paris.

Blair loves to read and she was inspired by one of the classiest women ever, Grace Kelly. Even when you get dirty, always manage to get back up and remain your classy self.

Blair is definitely one of the strongest women on Gossip girl and she went through many struggles including her eating disorder, not getting into Yale, and having a prince trick her into a horrible marriage that was similar to jail. Her phrase to describe this would be that things are never as bad as you may think.

We are all flawless in our own way because a rose can never be a sunflower and a sunflower can never be a rose because we are all beautiful.

Blair and Chuck’s relationship is a book in itself and she was so strong that she was not afraid to show her feelings to him. Their relationship was up and down but the sweetest part is that they end up together and have a very handsome son.

Destiny is for losers. It’s just a stupid excuse to wait for things to happen instead of making them happen.

This is a good one when you think about your academic and after college future. People do not get those awesome jobs and internships by not working for them. Even when you are being drowned by homework, try to at least apply to one job or internship a week and it will go well in the long run.

You need to be cold to be queen. Anne Boleyn thought only with her heart and she got her head chopped off.

Never take your mind off your grind and stick to your morals. It is good to be genuine but you need to take control at times and not be taken advantage of.

If you really want something, you don’t stop for anyone or anything until you get it.

Something to keep in mind everyday whether it is getting that internship, acing that test, or even getting a great apartment. You need to keep your mind on the prize.

Never apologize for who you are because you will never please everyone, and it is always better to be a first rate version of yourself than a second rate version of someone else.

Never forget to love yourself first because you are definitely worth it and others will see it too!

I forever hope that Gossip Girl will be an inspiration to future women everywhere and will inspire them to be powerful women.

Xoxo gossip girl

https://pixabay.com/en/background-black-black-wallpaper-2178371/

Hi everyone! My name is Bonnie and I am a junior fashion merchandising major at IUP. My hobbies include watching scandal and gossip girl,eating popcorn, spending time in coffee shops,and going shopping at TJ Maxx.I love to write and talk about interesting topics.