What to Wear on St. Patrick’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Personally, St. Patrick’s Day has never struck me as a fashion forward holiday.  I can only picture gaudy and awful greens, tacky sequins, and unflattering leprechaun hats when the day is brought up.  This season, let’s all make a pact to do better than the Kiss Me, I’m Irish t-shirt.  

Regardless of how you plan to spend IUPatty’s Day, Her Campus is here to help you make smart, stylish outfit decisions.

1. The Comfy, Yet Sexy Look

If you plan to lounge around this St. Patrick’s Day, look for something festive and comfortable.  Victoria’s Secret is currently advertising their Pink brand racer back tank, with a twist.  A four leaf clover is your favorite sports team’s lucky charm on the front, while the back reads Shake Your Shamrocks.  Paired with yoga or sweat pants, this fun, flirty top sends the message that you don’t take yourself too seriously and are ready to have some fun!

[pagebreak]

1. The Sophisticated Shamrock Look

To most collegiettes, St. Patty’s means parties, and you need to look the part!  Avoid that overused shade of Leprechaun green.  Mint is this year’s freshest color.  Throw together a cute St. Patrick’s Day party look with a mint dress.  Forego the sequins, but add some sparkle in your jewelry!  A hint of glam and sophistication can be seen in they way you pair your jewelry with your dress.

3. The In-Between Queen Look

Many collegiettes will be spending St. Patrick’s Day at an in-between kind of event.  Be the queen of this look with something simple.  Dark skinny jeans are always appropriate.  Pair them with a green top or blazer this St. Patty’s.  Again, mint is a great shade, no matter the occasion.  Get the pot o’ gold sparkle in your shoes– glittery flats go with any outfit!
St. Patrick’s Day is celebrated in a variety of ways.  One of these three looks is sure to match your plans!  This IUPatty’s Day, look more attractive than a pot of gold!

Photos from: shopping.aol.com, victoriassecret.com; lateafternoonblog.com, mimigoodwin.blogspot.com