What I Want to Accomplish Next Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Since it is almost the end of the fall semester at IUP, I’ve been thinking about the good times and the bad times I had this semester. I have made a lot of mistakes this semester and I’m not proud of them. I want to improve next semester since it will be my last semester, and in honor of the end of the semester, here is my list of things I want to do better next semester.Photo by Tim Gouw

1. I want to not procrastinate as much. I know I will still procrastinate some, but I let myself go wild with it this semester and definitely might be paying the price for my lack of motivation and time management. Even if I can get my assignments done even a day before homework is due, I will be a lot less stressed out.

2. I want to do better in my leadership positions. I am the Fundraising chair for Habitat for Humanity and I’m the Fundraising/Treasurer chair for Delta Tau Sigma. I have a lot on my plate and I messed up a lot in delivering results for my organizations and I feel bad because they had faith in me and I let them down. I want to show them next semester that I can be a leader and prove my worth to them.

3. I will eat healthy next semester. Ask anyone that I have spoke to this semester and they will tell you that I constantly talked about me eating healthy. Although I talked about it, I never really ate healthy at all. There are ways to eat healthy and there are resources you can use to help you reach your goals, I just need to actually use them.

4. I need to exercise. Walking around campus does not count as exercise. Even though I bought a group fitness pass, I never used it so I just wasted money on it. I’ve learned that I have to exercise in the morning because I get lazier and busier throughout the day. I just need to get the motivation and willpower to actually make these changes and I will get there someday

I am a junior at IUP who hopes to one day major either in Public Relations or Political Science with an obsession with music.