This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Note: Finding the supplements you need is a personal journey. These are simply some that have worked for me and may help you as well!

Probiotic

As someone with IBS, I’ve had digestive problems my whole life. The digestive track controls many functions of the body. Taking a daily probiotic (with a built-in prebiotic) has improved so many aspects of my life. 

Vitamin B12

When I wanted to lower my caffeine intake, I started to take B12 for energy. While it doesn’t completely replace the buzz created by caffeine, I feel alert and productive throughout the day. 

Vitamin C

Taking Vitamin C has been perfect for me because I always struggled with a weakened immune system. It excites me to say that I have not caught the common cold in almost 2 years.

Biotin

After many years, I decided to stop biting my nails. Biotin helped to strengthen them, as well as provided benefits for my hair and skin. 

Calcium

Osteoporosis runs in my family, so I started taking calcium to get a preventative start. 

Cheyenne is a junior Communications and Theatre Major at IUP. She is a self proclaimed nerd who loves all things related to the Marvel Cinematic Universe, Star Wars, and Harry Potter. Cheyenne likes to spend her time taking Buzzfeed quizzes and hanging out with her dogs, Tess and Poppy, and her cat, Tobi.