TV Inspired Costume Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Getting inspired for Halloween can be difficult. Factor in that we’re all on a college budget and suddenly it makes sense why every girl seems to have the same costume. Luckily, some costumes inspired by our favorite television shows are easy to recreate and you may even have some of the clothes in your wardrobe already! Here are a few of my favorite TV show inspired Halloween costumes!

1. Rachel from Friends

To pull off the classic Rachel look all you need is an oversized sweater, a graphic t-shirt, plaid pants, and a tennis shoe! This look is effortless and you’ll be comfortable!

2. Pheobe from Friends

Wanna try out the Pheobe look? Grab a maxi skirt and a tank top! Accessorize with a chunky bracelet, multiple rings, and a guitar!

3. Blair from Gossip Girl

Dressing like the Queen B of the Upper East Side may seem like a challenge, but it’s actually easier than you think. You’ll need a skirt, a striped top, an overcoat, and a pair of heels. A signature bow headband will complete your look and have everyone obsessing over your costume!

4. Serena from Gossip Girl

Dressing like Serena may be even easier than dressing like Blair. Find a plaid skirt, a button up-shirt, and a tan jacket! Get creative with a black scarf, or even a tie, and your look will be complete!

5. Jenny from Gossip Girl

Maybe you prefer an edgy look. If so, your best bet would be to dress like Jenny from Gossip Girl. Any black piece of clothing will do, but you have to have the lace stockings and boots. Don’t forget about the heavy dark makeup!

6. A classic Grey’s Anatomy costume

Walking around in scrubs all night? Yes, please! This look requires a pair of scrubs, a long sleeve white t-shirt, and a simple shoe. It’s so simple that it’s actually surprising that girls everywhere aren’t doing this!

Here at HC IUP, we really love DIY costumes! If you have a great DIY costume, post it on Instagram and tag us at HerCampusIUP! Have a safe and happy Halloween everyone!

All images found on Pinterest.

Indiana University of Pennsylvania Journalism/ Public Relations/ Religious Studies Caffeine and music enthusiast ΔΦΕ