This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.
A Planner

Having a place to put all of your assignments, meetings, special events, and daily tasks is an important part of college life. A planner is the best way to do that. I’ve tried many planners- online and paper, but for me paper just works better. I get mine from Walmart! They range anywhere from $10-$20 and are perfect for the semester!

colored pens

This may sound stupid, but it is a lifesaver and a timesaver. I take all of my notes in colored ink. It helps me remember the notes better and helps me navigate them more. When I write my notes, the color helps me be more excited about the topic. Having multicolored notes also helps you find the topic you are looking for quicker. I have found myself remembering so many times that I used a specific color on a section and it helped narrow down where in the notebook it is!

an organized desk

Life happens and your desk becomes messy easily. Trust me, I know. Unfortunately, once your desk becomes messy, your motivation may tank. Once again, trust me I know. I try to clean my desk once a week. I get rid of any unnecessary papers, any trash, and anything that can darken my mood. When your desk gets messy, your brain has a way of saying “I’ll do it tomorrow” and then all of today’s problems and assignments become tomorrow’s problems and assignments. A clean desk is the best work environment!

IUP:)