This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

We all need an escape from reality. Personally, mine is Wattpad to read on. However, I haven’t used it in a while so it is way different than it was when I used to read it. Here are some things I like/dislike about Wattpad now that it has some changes.

Paid/Subscription

When I first started reading from Wattpad, everything was free. There were no paid stories or subscriptions. This makes me sad because it was the one place you could go from reading content that is underestimated.

Ads

ADVERTISEMENTS! I and everyone else on this Earth hate them. I understand why they are there but after every chapter? Why you have to do me like that?!

Creativity

I love that I can spend my day doing whatever and know that I can come home and read other people’s creative stories. After a long day, a good book to wrap it up is great. People can still write and post content and not all of it costs money.

These are only a few of many things that i love/hate about Wattpad but these are the main events! I hope you enjoyed my standpoint and feelings about the new Wattpad.

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.