This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

TikTok has easily become one of my favorite apps. It is so easy to sit there and scroll for hours and hours on end. In the time I’ve had this app, there are definitely some things I’ve bought and started doing that I probably would not have thanks to the app. So here’s my “TikTok made me do it” list.

Men’s Razors

I have seen countless TikTok’s of people RAVING about using men’s razors. After a while, I decided to invest in a disposable razor to see if they actually left your legs smoother.. and they did. They were right, once you make the switch, you’ll never want to go back to female razors.

Galaxy Projector

For the longest time, I saw people posting videos with their galaxy projectors in the background and always thought they were so cool. I did some research on Amazon and purchased one a few weeks ago. It is easily one of the coolest things I’ve ever bought. I leave mine on almost all the time, and my roommates even like to come to watch the stars with me too.

Ivy Strands

Honestly, it probably doesn’t get any more basic than these. I have a low ceiling in my apartment bedroom and hung them from there. And I used some of the leftover strands around my wall mirror. It honestly adds such a cute vibe to the room (and my selfies).

A Disposable Camera

Back when I was little, I always remember my mom buying me one of those disposable cameras when I would go on a field trip. It was always so much fun getting the pictures developed and looking through them. A few weeks ago, I bought one and took it on a day trip down to Philadelphia and snapped some pictures. I also used the camera over the weekend when I had a few friends over. The camera itself was only about 20 dollars at Walmart!

These are just a few of the many things TikTok has made me do and buy. 

Indiana University of Pennsylvania '21 - Hospitality Management & Psychology - Phi Eta Sigma - Eta Sigma Delta - CMAA