This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I never knew what it was like to be in the pit at a concert, but I can now say, it was one of the best experiences of my life. Whenever I have been to concerts in the past, I have always bought (or received) tickets for seats all the way towards the top. I do not mind these seats though; I am grateful regardless of where I sit when I go to concerts because just being at one is exciting.  

My best friend and I went to see Billie Eilish live at PPG Paints Arena on February 8th, and if it was not for my pap, we would not have been able to see her so up close in the pit. The energy of the crowd, the jumping, everyone screaming the lyrics of the songs, AMAZING. I never thought I would be able to see an artist that I look up to so much, up so close. The whole vibe is just different when you are in the pit, because you get to interact with the artist more, and almost get that one on one experience

I do not even know where to begin to even describe how much fun I had. Even though it was very sweaty and everyone was on top of each other, in the moment all that mattered was I was their. It was a thrilling experience, and I would not trade it for the world. I am currently still in shock that I was able to be in the pit. Like the pit? At one of my favorite artists concerts? I am astonished, and am so grateful I got to experience this with my best friend.

Emily Beyer is a writer at the Her Campus Chapter at IUP. Beyond Her Campus, Emily works at a local elementary schools after school program and oversees a group of K-2 graders. She has been to many professional development conferences to further her studies in education. Emily is a senior at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania majoring in Early Childhood & Special Education. In her free time, Emily loves to write, shop, watch Grey's Anatomy, and listen to podcasts. Also, she enjoys going to the gym and working out as a distraction from her studies.