This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

If you have any sort of technology then you would know about the iconic halftime performance by THE Usher Raymond IV at the 2024 Super Bowl, held in Las Vegas, Nevada. I am a football girly myself, but when an icon is headlining I have no choice but to drop to my knees. His music was a staple growing up, I mean who didn’t listen to his classics like “Love in this Club” and “Yeah!” Hits like those were what made his performance so amazing, I mean me and my roommate could not sit down for a second. Don’t get me wrong, Usher was the main event but when he brought out guest performers like H.E.R, Alicia Keys, Lil Jon, Ludacris Jermaine Dupri and Will.I.am the hype was on! “My Boo” and “Turn Down for What” were definitely the right choices to keep the audience, no matter where, tuned in. 

Now let’s talk about my favorite part of his whole performance, the glitch. The “glitch” dance move is something he is known for. Introduced in his music video “New Flame ” Usher definitely made that move his own and in my opinion most can’t do it like him. During the Super Bowl many were shocked when he started to “glitch” during his song “You Got It Bad.” I can’t even express the excitement I had when watching it live. Some see the move as weird or funny, hence why X was filled with memes of him glitching with different captions. I won’t lie, the memes were funny, and not everyone loves the glitch like I do. 

Overall, this was one of my favorite halftime performances at the Super Bowl, definitely in my top 5 from the last 10 years.

Samya Settles is a member of Her Campus at IUP, she covers fashion and current pop culture topics. She wants to write about every hot topic going on in the entertainment industry. She loves any and everything to do with modeling and hopes to pursue that career in the future, along with running her own business. She is attending IUP for her bachelors in Entrepreneurship and Small Business, she also considers earning her masters in the future. She is an active member of NAACP, Management Association, and Sign Club. In her free time, she like to listen to music, watch YouTube, ride her bike, workout and learn new languages. She is obsessed with the color pink, pandas and food. One thing she is extremely good at is binge watching shows, finishing them in less than two days!