Style Icon of the Week: Beyonce

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

16 Grammy Awards, two NAACP Image Awards, several multi-platinum albums, and a list of accomplishments long enough to wrap around the country, twice. Her number one hits include Love on Top, Single Ladies, Déjà vu, and Crazy in Love.

If you have to ask who this sassy diva is, you’ve clearly been living under a rock.

Whether she’s strutting her stuff in front of a sold out crowd or taking her baby girl out for a stroll, you cannot deny Beyonce is always dressed for the occasion. Her style is sexy, daring, fun, fabulous, and of course, simply one-of-a-kind.

15 years in the game and she’s showing no signs of slowing down. Her sense of fashion has spread beyond the drawing boards and became an official Beyonce clothing line in 2005, House of Deréon. Her source of fashion? Her mother: Tina Knowles.

Mama Knowles clearly taught Bey well.

[pagebreak]

The fashion icon can go from boho chick to full out glam in no time flat. Her style inspires millions.

Sassy Sexy

Bey pulls out all the stops for her House of Deréon ad campaigns year after year. Her sexy nature becomes impossible to ignore—it’s in your face. No matter how sexy she gets, Bey always keeps it classy. She proves that you don’t have to be half dressed to be alluring. Her confidence is undeniable and always present.

[pagebreak]

Boho Chic

Not many people can pull off the Boho chic look. Let’s face it, it’s not for everyone. But when Bey does it, she really does it and it works. Her comfy, cute, style is relaxed and laid-back. She’s just one of the girls—no fuss, little make-up, and a good time.

[pagebreak]

Timeless

We all know how Bey turns heads on the red carpet and each event she attends, she never cease to amaze us. Her beauty is evident and her style is classy. This is definitely when Bey shines. Her curves are never lost in her evening wear; they are always appropriately draped in the finest gowns. Elie Saab, Vera Wang and Christian Louboutin are just some of the many designers who have styled Bey but no one seems to do it better than Mama Knowles.

The occasion is never a matter because Bey will always dress to impress. She proves time and time again that she is a force to be reckoned with in the world of fashion. She is classic, timeless, sexy, and fabulous. She is Beyonce.

photos:
google.com
eonline.com
houseofdereon.com

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.