Style > Fashion

Stop Dressing Bad [jk, but you can shop cheaper]

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Clothes! Shoes! Bags! If I couldn’t shop, I’d drop :'(. I am big on fashion, even if my style is basic asf. I love buying new things for my wardrobe; it’s my form of therapy without my time feeling wasted. My need to ‘dress good’ comes from something older than you and I. From the peasants in Egypt to the bourgeoise in Europe, people have wanted to dress nice. A big difference is the internet, though. If you choose to post, you’ll have to post your best! The outfit has to look clean, put together & cute. But cute and put together can be un poco caro

Thrifting

I care a lot about what I put on, so much so I have a system. The shirt matches the shoes, the jewelry matches the purse & belt, and the pants have to look good with everything! I find a lot of my cute tops and bags from Goodwill; they’re really good for it! It’s the same for the Salvation Army, but I buy jewelry in Salvation sometimes as well! I also enjoy browsing in Plato’s Closet, a secondhand store catered solely to clothes fit for a younger crowd! There are also a lot of Red, White, and Blues in my hometown, and my favorite always has the SICKEST vintage bags. I’ve gotten a Y2K Coach bag from them before !!!!!!

DISCOUNT Stores

Ross, Marshalls, and Gabe’s!!! These are only some of the stores I can think of off the top of my head! You can find name brand clothes for super cheap in these stores! They also have shoes, bags, perfume, and jewelry! The best thing I’ve bought from one of these stores were a pair of Ed Hardy sneakers for only $11! Their shelves and racks are often unsorted and messy, so if you don’t mind the hunt, these places are for you!

Walmart & Target

Is this shocking to you? It was to me when I grew up and realized I could get more from Walmart then pads and Patti LaBelle Banana Pudding! As an IUP student, I had to prepare for the holiday and decided to step into a Walmart to find cheap cute St. Patty’s Day shirt. I ended up buying a shirt that looks like I ordered it off afflictionclothing.com! Both stores have a grand selection of graphic tees, cute ass purses, jewelry, lingerie, and pants. I bought the cutest pair of pants the other day from Walmart for a fricking DOLLAR! No tax. They were on clearance though, don’t expect to be so lucky every time you go in.

A G

IUP '26

AG is a member of Her Campus's Indiana University of Pennsylvania chapter. AG covers a slew of topics regarding sexual and mental health. As a junior at IUP, she has written about her experiences in college. AG also enjoys writing about her familial and friend relationships in a collegiate world. You may also find AG's articles containing she has found herself apart of over the years. Outside of Her Campus, you can find AG in the library tutoring other students, treating the world like her runway as a member of POIZ, or challenging moral dilemmas and beliefs in Philosophy Club. With English as her major, AG is constantly studying in the library, writing an essay, or has her nose in a book. During the summer, AG annually participates in her city's corporate internship program to understand as much of the corporate world before she graduates. In her free time, AG enjoys reading, writing, yearning, and spending time with her friends. As a family woman, you will certainly find AG with her siblings or parents, enjoying her time outside of school. She also enjoys watching hours long YouTube video essays about any and every subject.