Realizations While Packing for Home

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Getting ready to go home for break after a long stint of school is an exhausting and enthralling process, there are many different emotions and realizations one goes through.

The first thought that is going to go through your head is- FREE LAUNDRY. While packing your realize how many dirty clothes you have. You think to yourself, “I should do my laundry soon,” then you realize, “I can do it at home, FOR FREE.” Put those quarters back in your piggy bank because you are going home.

The next thing you’re probably going to think is, “Wow, packing is a lot.” But then you realize, “All my clothes are dirty and going to get washed so I can just throw them in the hamper.” You also realize, “I’m going HOME!!”

While packing you’re probably going to become hungry and wonder into your kitchen to look for food when you realize that you have no food. This bums you out but then you realize that you’re going home and there is going to be FREE FOOD. Then you realize that, “THERE’S GOING TO BE FREE FOOD YOU DON’T HAVE TO COOK.” So, you settle for cereal with no milk for the time being while you continue packing.

Sometime during your packing you’re going to realize that you have to drive home, that it’s going to be long and that you have no gas in your vehicle. Then you’re going to remember that to put gas in your vehicle requires you to spend money, the very little money you have. This bums you out. But then you realize you’re going home to adults, adults who have grown up jobs with grown up money that love to help out poor college kids. This thought brightens you’re day, especially because you realize, “YOU ARE GOING HOME.”

So, heads up kiddos. You are on your way home. You will survive packing. You will survive the last few days of class and you will survive the last few hours of the drive because you are going home, the place of no freedom but the place with FREE THINGS.

All images from giphy.com

Cats and Caffeine are key.