My Ten Favorite Things To Do In Pittsburgh

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I have always loved Pittsburgh. The shows, the food, the scenery, the history. Being that I only grew up 45 minutes away from the city, it was the go-to-place for a day of fun with my family and friends. With Pittsburgh only being a little over an hour away from IUP, it is the perfect place to go for a day trip. If you decide to head on over, here are (some) of my favorite things to do while I’m there.

1. Buy a good book from this aesthetically pleasing bookstore, Kard’s Unlimited.

2. Enjoy a show at one of Pittsburgh’s many theaters.

Cirque de la Symphonie, April 2016

3. Listen to your favorite band or musician at PPG Paints Arena.

Ed Sheeran, May 2015

4. Pick your favorite toppings and watch your ice cream get handrolled at Naturoll Creamery.

5. Take a tour of the Cathedral of Learning, which is home to Pitt students and the nationality rooms.

6. Search for your favorite albums on vinyl at Jerry’s Records.

7. Watch a baseball game at PNC Park while enjoying a great view of the city.

8. Admire and learn about all different kinds of plants at Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens.

9. Take a ride to the top of Mount Washington on the incline.

http://www.brooklineconnection.com/history/Facts/images/MonIncline28.JPG

10. View the Pittsburgh skyline from the top of Mount Washington.

And don’t forget to enjoy the sunset on the way out. 

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.