Timothee Chalamet in \"Dune\"
Timothee Chalamet in \"Dune\"
WARNER BROS PICTURES
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This past weekend, I spent two and a half hours watching the movie Dune. Now, don’t get me wrong, I LOVE Timothee Chalamet, but I felt like this movie was missing something. And don’t even get me started on the fact that Zendaya only shows up in visions until the very end of the movie.

To start off from the beginning, I knew nothing about Dune before sitting down to watch. I was unaware of the plot, the house names, and the scary sandworms that now haunt my dreams. So I’m sure you can imagine my confusion when trying to organize the abundance of information being thrown at me. Despite trying to understand why spice was so important to literally everyone, I really loved the stylistic elements of the film. The characters were likable and complex (for the most part) and Paul, played by Timothee, was who I was really rooting for.

Unfortunately, I felt like the movie was MUCH too long. If you aren’t very into Sci-Fi movies, you’ll probably find yourself getting sidetracked or lost somewhere along the way. This isn’t a movie that you can just throw on and still understand the plot without giving it all of your attention.

Overall, I think that Dune is a good movie, but only for those who can really get into it. I found it hard to understand at some points and my attention kept wanting to go elsewhere. But, if you like Sci-Fi and giant worms that live in sand, this is a movie for you.

Cat Mom. Journalism Major. HUGE Harry Styles Fan. True Crime Lover.