tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Morgan Stewart!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Meet Morgan Stewart, a junior biology major with a pre-veterinary track at IUP. Morgan is from Wallingford, Pennsylvania where she attended Strath Haven High School.

Morgan is a member of the Cook Honor College. She is also President of the Student Philanthropy Council which fundraises for student giving projects every year.

Morgan chose IUP because she was offered scholarships from the Cook Honors College that were too good to pass up. IUP is also the only school in the PASSHE system that has a veterinary program which solidified her decision to attend college here.

She decided on a biology major with a pre-veterinary track due to her love for dogs and her fascination with surgery. An interesting fact about Morgan is that she has pulled a ten-pound mass out of a dog.

Morgan assisting with a mass removal at the Providence Animal Center in Media, PA.

Morgan’s favorite class at IUP is zoology. She enjoys it for the fact that it pertains the most to her major since she wants to work with animals for a living. As for her favorite professor, she chose Dr. Major because he’s “the coolest dude alive”.

For upcoming freshmen, Morgan’s advice would be to get as much experience as you can in your field before and during college. She says this is a way to see if you like the field before committing yourself to four years of college. Plus, it looks good on a resume. Another piece of her advice is to attend the therapy dog events on campus.

Outside of school, Morgan is an off-roading volunteer trail guide for Jeep Jamboree USA. Over the summer, she picked up running as a hobby.

Even though Morgan has always been an independent person, college has made her even more independent. She makes more decisions for herself and has realized all the adult responsibilities she has to do now and will have to do in the future. 

Morgan’s favorite memory at IUP has been making lifelong friends at college. 

After she graduates, Morgan plans to go on to veterinary school, preferably at Michigan State University. Her dream job is to be a veterinarian in a high-volume surgery department.

(Photos are from Morgan’s Instagram)

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.