brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
brett jordan fmqhTMu4IVU unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Meet Gaby Bonnar

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Meet Gaby Bonnar, a freshman Communications Media major and a photographer for IUP’s Her Campus. Gaby is from East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania where she attended East Stroudsburg High School South.

Gaby fell in love with IUP the moment she stepped onto its campus. She found the student population as not too big, but big enough to feel alive.

Since Gaby has always wanted to go into an artistic type of field, she is majoring in Communications Media with a Production track. She loves how many opportunities there are for hands-on experience within the major. On top of school, she works at the IUP Provost’s Office.

Aside from Her Campus, she is a member of the IUP Marching Band and IUP-TV. For IUP-TV, she is part of a show called “Sketch-O-Phrenia” and has started training to become head editor for next semester.

(The IUP Marching Band Clarinet section after the “Final Zucchini”, a competition between the sections of the band during band camp.)

Gaby decided to join Her Campus because she wanted to be part of something bigger than herself. She enjoys that it’s centered around college women and works for them to be represented and their voices heard.

As for her future plans, she plans to study abroad next Spring semester in Scotland. She hasn’t traveled much in the past, but has a feeling that Scotland will become her favorite place to travel to. In ten years, her goal is to work somewhere that makes her excited to go to work every day. Her dream job is to be a White House photographer or to work for Marvel.

(A photo taken by Gaby for her photography class.)

Gaby would describe herself as a driven person. Whether she’s helping her friends or challenging herself academically, when she sets her mind to something, she goes for it. Which may describe why her favorite quote is “Go forth and set the world on fire” by St. Ignatius Loyola. This quote was on her high school advisor’s wall, who became an influential person during her high school career. It reminds her that as she chases her dreams, there will always be someone who believes in her.

A fun fact about Gaby is that she plans to shave her head in the beginning of the summer and donate it to someone in need.

If you see Gaby on campus, be sure to say hi!

Kate is a senior Communications Media major at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from Bentleyville, Pennsylvania. She enjoys spending time with her family and friends, taking long naps, eating ice cream with lots of sprinkles, photography, musicals, walking her dog, and listening to 60s/70s music.