This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Emily Joseph is a freshman majoring in Psychology. She is originally from Marshfield, Massachusetts and lives about ten hours away from campus.

She decided to attend IUP because she wanted to experience new places and fell in love with the campus.

Joseph has a love- hate relationship with living so far away from home. She loves her independence and how she is capable to live on her own, but she does miss her friends and family. Being ten hours away from her best friend, can sometimes be difficult, but they make it work.

As a first year student, she is trying to get more involved with activities on campus so she decided to join the Photography Club. Joseph has always loved taking pictures, especially at concerts, since she was in high school. For a senior year gift, her parents bought her a Nikon camera and she has not put it down since.

The last meeting she had at the Photography Club, she had to take pictures walking around campus and Philly Street. Here are some of the pictures that she took:

Another thing Joseph likes to do is listen to music and go to concerts. This year only, she has been to at least six concerts. She saw Falling in Reverse, Panic! At The Disco, Green Day, Simple Plan, All Time All, and Set It Off. Her favorite concert that she has ever been to is between All Time Low and Green Day. Joseph has seen All Time Low four times, so you can say she is a big fan.

If you see her on campus, make sure to say hi!

Indiana University of Pennsylvania Journalism/ Public Relations/ Religious Studies Caffeine and music enthusiast ΔΦΕ