Low Maintenance Halloween Costumes for the College Student on a Budget

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Halloween is right around the corner! However, not everyone has the time (or the money) to put together a mind-blowing costume in time for the spookiest day of the year. Need some help? Look no further! Here are some budget-friendly Halloween costumes if you’re out of ideas!

Frat Boy

All you need for this costume is an oversized oxford shirt, a tie, and some sunglasses (red solo cup optional). 

Hippy

For this costume, all you need is a tie-dye shirt, a flower crown, and some good vibes!

Cowgirl

This costume can be found right in your closet! Just grab a cozy flannel, denim jeans, and a pair of boots and you’re good to go.

Cat

All this costume takes is a trip to your local Walmart. Paint on some whiskers and you’ll have the purr-fect Halloween costume!

At the end of the night, Halloween isn’t about who has the best costume: it’s about having fun! So if you still don’t have a costume at the end of the month, try not to worry. Spend some time with your friends, be safe, and enjoy the festivities! After all, Halloween only comes once a year!

Michaela Shaw was the vice president and senior editor of the Her Campus chapter at Indiana University of Pennsylvania from 2020-2022. During her time as an undergraduate student, Michaela was also a member of Active Minds, Alpha Kappa Delta, the National Society for Leadership and Success, Sociology Club, and Psi Chi. She also volunteered with Hopeful Hearts, a grief support group for children and families. After completing an internship at Allegheny County Children, Youth and Families, she graduated in August with a dual baccalaureate in Psychology and Sociology and a minor in Child and Adult Advocacy Studies. She likes video games, reading, rainy days, vinyl records, Thai food, and spending time with her cat, Ron.