Junene Taylor: Bittersweet Goodbyes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

As I embark upon my final week at IUP, I can’t help but be humbled at the wonderful experiences that I’ve had here. From changing my major -not once, not twice, but thrice-to joining more organizations than Taylor Swift had boyfriends in the last year- to launching the IUP chapter of the amazing site that is HerCampus.com, I look back fondly at all of the lessons I’ve learned along the way.

Thanks to IUP I’ve learned how to prioritize, maneuver Philly Street like a pro, write a 5 page essay the night before it was due, cut toxic friends and most importantly, how to put what I learned in the classroom, into real-world practice. I laughed; I cried; I matured.

So even though I cannot wait to strut my stuff across that stage next Saturday, hug that piece of paper for all its worth, and toss my cap into the sky like Mary Tyler Moore, I readily admit that I will miss this little party school. Thank you IUP for helping to make me the woman I am today.

For my fellow seniors, what are you going to miss about IUP? Share your experiences below! 

Thank you Ahmad Abusaad for this photo!

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.