This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity, or celebrities I should say, is the class of 2013. With graduation a little more than a month away, us seniors are racing to get to the finish line, and begin the next chapter of our lives. We’ve spent the last four years (or 5 or 6) training and now the spotlight is finally ours.

It’s time to run the marathon!

Some of us will go on to do exactly what we set out to do as itty bitty college freshmen. Others of us have deviated from our original plan some, but are also well on our way to getting to where we need to be. And others of us are still looking for our right paths, but I am confident in that we will all end up where we belong.

The last few years have been filled with some easy moments, but plenty of more challenges. We’ve overcome each and every single one of them. Whether it was that math class that really made no sense, or those professors who were out to get us, we’ve far surpassed all of the obstacles that tried to stand in the way of us getting our degrees. Those difficulties are now just sights in our rearview mirrors as we ride along the path to success. It’s time for all of us to become the doctors, writers, forensic specialists and celebrities we have set out to be. I couldn’t be more proud of us.

Class of 2013, the spotlight is all ours! Let’s take these next few weeks to really appreciate it. Let’s finish out our classes strong, make amends if need be, prepare for our next battles in life, and above all else, enjoy ourselves to the fullest! The rest of our lives is upon us.

Hailing from the City of Brotherly Love and Sisterly Affection, Junene is a current student at Indiana University of PA majoring in Journalism. She has three minors consisting of Communications Media, English: Film Studies track, and Religious Studies.She is the founding President/Editor in Chief of IUP's branch of Hercampus.com, and is the Founder/President of the IUP women's organization That's What She Said. She is also a current member of SPJ, ( Society of Professional Journalists) PRSSA (Public Relations Student Society of America), CSCR (Committee for the Study of Culture and Religion) and Vice President of the Religious Studies Club at IUP. She is the sole undergradate member of IUPs' Library Outreach and Marketing Committee and is a member of the Student Advisory Group. Junene is a first generation college student; her favorite film is The Usual Suspects and her favorite book is And Then There Were None, authored by Agatha Christie.