books on brown wooden shelf
books on brown wooden shelf
Susan Yin/Unsplash

How To Fight The End of Semester Funk

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I don’t know about you but with only a couple weeks of the semester left, I have reached my all-time low in motivation.  Assignments galore, sleepless nights, and cramming for those last minute exams is what we are down to.  If you are like me then keep reading for how to survive this end of semester funk.

Get your assignments done early.

• As soon as you receive an assignment don’t put it to the side.  Make time within the next day to get it done so that you aren’t stressing yourself out.

Make coffee your best friend!

• Coffee is always the solution when you need a little kick start to your day.  Go grab a cup from Starbucks and get right to your work.

Get enough sleep.

• Eight hours of sleep a night is highly recommended to refresh your body and brain.  Hit the sheets early enough so that you can wake up early and get a jump on your day.  And those occasionally naps are always the best.

Study days in advance.

• With finals week just around the corner, don’t cram all of your studying into a couple of nights.  Take a subject a night starting now and study for a couple hours each.  Stay on task and don’t let your studying be a last minute thing.  Studying with a partner is an even better idea.

Go outside.

• Instead of locking yourself in your room, go out and enjoy this beautiful, sunny weather.  Grab a friend, a blanket, and your books and go to the Oak Grove and relax while studying.  Soak up the warm sun and embrace you’re inner beach thoughts.

Make a schedule.

• Design a routine and stick with it.  Each day make a schedule and what you need to get done and cross off each after completing.  Scheduling out your day and assignments will help keep you organized and on track to finishing the semester successfully.

Stay focused.

• This is the biggest point to survive the semester!  Do not get lazy and procrastinate!  You are almost at the finish point, just stay focused and get you work done.  Put that phone down and go to work!

Follow these seven steps and finish out this semester strong!  Do not give up or slack, just work work work! You got this :)

Hellooo! I am your average teenage girl besides all of the quirkiness and energy I carry along with me :) I am a freshman at IUP and is looking to change my major to business management and exercise science!