Girl Reading A Book In Bed
Girl Reading A Book In Bed
Breanna Coon / Her Campus
Career > Her20s

Hobbies That Have Me In A Chokehold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

I like to obtain hobbies because hobbies mean that I am spending my time not on my phone and overthinking. I know that the overthinking aspect of hobbies is probably not the best reason to obtain hobbies but they do keep me from overthinking so I think that is a win.

Girl Reading A Book In Bed
Anna Thetard / Her Campus
Reading

Of course, this is something that not everyone does anymore. But reading is the least stressful hobby that I have and it’s so relaxing. My TBR is extremely full at the moment because school is getting in the way of reading but once summer starts it’s game over and I’m diving back in. I would have to say that my favorite genre is romance, of course. I love a good love story!

paint By number

This is so random in my opinion, but painting by numbers is literally the best hobby around. I get these paint by numbers from Michaels for like fourteen dollars and they are the best around. So far I have painted Paris and Greece and at the moment I am painting fruits, and I will be picking another one up this week.

Embroidery

Now embroidery is something new that I am getting into. I currently have 2 separate kits, those being bees and the other plants. This hobby scared me a little and because of that, I am starting it in the summer. I’ve seen people attempt embroidering and they make it look easy so let’s hope that is the case for me.

Diamond paintings

These are so amazingly satisfying that it’s unreal. I have done many of these things to the point where I was completing them back to back for like the longest time. But once you are done with those diamond paintings you have like a ton of those little diamonds left. I take those little diamonds and create other little crafts with them. I bought wooden letters from a craft store and I decorated those letters with those diamonds. It becomes two hobbies in one!

Brittney is a Disability Service Major with a minor in Business Management. Some of Brittney's favorite things to do is read books, listen to Doja Cat and shop till she drops. She loves her cat more than anything and she hopes to one day own her own business and live on the beach!!!