This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Last time that statement ran through my head on repeat, I was in Greece, enjoying my Mamma Mia moments. It’s in my head now because another semester has just begun. How did winter break go by so quickly? How is it that I am beginning the last semester of my sophomore year? Now that we are back at it, let’s get to dumping our thoughts on a page and submitting them to our amazing team of ladies at Her Campus. This first article is about all that it could be about — the start of another semester. It’s weighing heavy on my mind, as I’m sure it is yours. Let’s dive in. 

The dreader

I feel like most of us fall under this category. School has started again, and despite a long break, we somehow aren’t ready. Here come the assignments, papers, due dates, and early mornings. There’s a lot ahead of us, but don’t forget that even if you’re a freshman, there’s a lot of work behind you, too. We’ve done it before and we can do it again. Show that you can handle the crazy life of being a college student! 

The thankful 

Some of us don’t love going home for winter break. Others enjoy it, but like the start of school nonetheless. For those thankful-for-school souls out there, it’s your time to shine! School is back up and running. Channel that gratitude into hard work this semester — it’s bound to pay off!

The “ready to graduate”

I’m only a sophomore, but sometimes I have the mentality of a senior. Some of us are so close to graduating, we can literally see it in the near distance as we are filling out our requests to leave our schools. College is long, and it teaches you a lot. For those who are leaving at the end of the semester, I hope you enjoyed your time here. Best of luck on your new adventure, and know that your college will always be a place you lived and grew. 

The “waiting for better times” 

Some of us really do not like school. That’s fair — my younger brother is the same way. Life isn’t all about reading books and studying for tests. Hold onto those happy moments of your life as you battle it out for another semester. Though this might not be your best moment, that’s okay, because it’s just one of many in your life. Good times are both behind and ahead of you. You’ve got this! 

Well everyone, thanks for reading my article and best of luck with this semester. I know the start of school can be tough. For whatever reason, the start of the spring semester is always more challenging than the fall semester for me, but we’ve all got this! Remember, Her Campus is a community and we are here to support whatever student you are this semester! Write and read yourself through the dread, the gratitude, the anticipation, and the waiting with Her Campus. Have a lovely day! 

Sarah Miller

I’m Sarah Miller, a sophomore at Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a major in Speech and Language Pathology. I’m going on my third semester as a Her Campus member. I joined my fall semester of my freshman year because I was in need of a women’s group and figured what better than one dedicated to connection and unity as much as this one! I’ve enjoyed interacting with women all over this country’s campuses. This magazine has kept me in tune with the interests, dilemmas, and goals of my generation— a sense of connection I’ve loved having and will continue to experience for the remainder of my time at IUP. Writing has long been a passion of mine. I see so much value in written words, especially because I’ve learned from every article I’ve read on this website. I hope that by the time I conclude my time at IUP, I will have contributed to the sense of unity and empowerment fostered through our posts to this magazine. I’m thankful to be part of this experience and look forward to striving for my goal through my publications.