Green Companies to Shop this Holiday Season

The Her Campus National Editors write about products we love and think you’ll love too. Her Campus has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase. All products are in stock and all prices are accurate as of publication.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Looking for holiday presents, but are not interested in expanding your environmental footprint with the absurd amount of paper and plastic that comes in packaging and the items themselves? Consider shopping these six brands below by visiting those that have stores, and all that are available to enjoy online. With these brands, you’ll be able to find the perfect gifts for everyone on your list, while also gifting the Earth with respect and kindness this holiday season! 

patagonia

Patagonia is known for its nice quality and trendy designs that are great for keeping women, men, and children alike warm as they explore the great outdoors. This company has long been dedicated to protecting and helping Earth, which is highlighted in their motto, “In business to save our home planet” as well as their consistent effort in making their actions match their words. Eco-friendly Patagonia products can be seen in a variety of chain stores, such as Dick’s Sporting Goods, and can also be shopped anytime, anywhere online. Take a long and buy something that makes you and the person receiving your thoughtful gift feel warm and cozy to the core!

seventh generation

Seventh Generation, though less known, is a well-established company with great ratings. They offer paper, cleaning products, and personal care items. Treat yourself this holiday season by cleaning up your home and your approach to the Earth’s health! This company’s planet-based products are packaged in eco-friendly ways 100% of the time, so there’s no reason to feel guilty when your present arrives at your doorstep!

new belgium brewing

Have friends who like to drink? Give New Belgium Brewing Co. a try. They’re the 4th largest brewing company in the US and have produced a large fan base through the 35 years they’ve been providing drinks in eco-friendly and sustainable ways. There’s nothing sloppy about the thrill you and your loved ones will feel while enjoying this beer!

dr. bonner’s

We all have that woman in our lives who is a clean queen. Shop organic soaps and personal care items made with natural ingredients and packaged with 100% recycled bottles to support the Earth and that friend who always smells great, no matter what. I’m sure her heart is as clean as her skin and she’ll appreciate this gift being as great for her as it is for the planet!

numi organic tea

I don’t know about you, but I love a cup of tea in the morning or night to either energize me for the day to come, or calm me down so I can rest through the night. I think tea is a great gift for people of all ages and can serve as a nice option to have for visitors if it’s not something a person enjoys themselves. Consider some eco-friendly stocking stuffers made with 100% real ingredients and through all renewable energy sources by shopping for this brand this season!

earthhero

Not sure what you want to give and need a place with lots of options? Check out Earthero’s company online! Here, you can shop for any item on your list, whether it be audio and tech or home and kitchen (or anything else!) and rest easy afterward knowing that every gift was not only perfectly chosen but made in an environmentally friendly way!

pact

Maybe someone in your life is looking to send the fundamentals for their wardrobe. Pact offers clothing, from socks to t-shirts, for women, men, kids, and babies that are all certified organic! In addition, they offer bedding and towels that are just as eco-friendly as their clothing! A plus: items can be bought in a bundle for a discount! Who doesn’t love saving money AND the planet?

made trade

Made Trade is a company known for its eco-friendly approach and fair trade guidelines and labor prices. In other words, shop this brand if you want to support one that treats both the planet and its employees with respect. It’s a great place to find both unique and trendy clothing, bags, and jewelry, which means it might be the best online store for you this season!

I hope you found this article helpful and will consider it this season as you shop for your loved ones. Saying Happy Holidays to the Earth this holiday season with your considerate purchases, while hitting the mark on all of the gift lists given to you, will be a gift in itself! Best of luck and happy shopping! 

Sources

Ames, Cory. “The 15 Most Environmentally Friendly & Sustainable Companies (2023).” Grow Ensemble, 26 Oct. 2023, growensemble.com/environmentally-friendly-companies/.

Ogle, Amanda. “The 9 Best Eco-Friendly Online Stores.” Treehugger, 16 June 2022, www.treehugger.com/best-eco-friendly-online-stores-5188728. 

I’m Sarah Miller, a sophomore at Indiana University of Pennsylvania with a major in Speech and Language Pathology. I’m going on my third semester as a Her Campus member. I joined my fall semester of my freshman year because I was in need of a women’s group and figured what better than one dedicated to connection and unity as much as this one! I’ve enjoyed interacting with women all over this country’s campuses. This magazine has kept me in tune with the interests, dilemmas, and goals of my generation— a sense of connection I’ve loved having and will continue to experience for the remainder of my time at IUP. Writing has long been a passion of mine. I see so much value in written words, especially because I’ve learned from every article I’ve read on this website. I hope that by the time I conclude my time at IUP, I will have contributed to the sense of unity and empowerment fostered through our posts to this magazine. I’m thankful to be part of this experience and look forward to striving for my goal through my publications.