toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
toa heftiba ZWKNDOjwito unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fun Recipes to Try this Halloween

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Halloween is a holiday that almost everyone can enjoy. I am a person who loves to cook and bake, so Halloween is a great time to be creative and have some fun with whatever I am making. Here are a few recipes that are absolutely spook-tacular.

Halloween Trick-or-Treat Pancakes

These pancakes are so fun and so easy to make! Make your pancake batter as you usually would, but split it into three bowls to add food coloring. You can purchase candy googly eyes or try to make them yourself!

(Recipe courtesy of My Name is Snickerdoodle.)

Toxic Waste Mac and Cheese

Typically, I am not a fan of green foods. This recipe; however, is so good! Even better, if it isn’t Halloween you can still make it without the green coloring.

(Recipe courtesy of Cooking with Curls.)

Jack-o-Lantern Quesadillas

Not only is this recipe yummy, it’s adorable! One helpful hint to keep in mind is to cut out the faces first. Add your favorite quesadilla fillings and enjoy!

(Recipe courtesy of Florassippi Girl.)

Chocolate Spider Trifle

I make this trifle pretty frequently and loved that someone added a Halloween twist to it! The dessert is incredible, and the extra layer of chocolate on top just makes it even better. I recommend this trifle at any time of year!

(Recipe courtesy of Lil Luna.)

I hope your Halloween is full of delicious treats that are inspired by the holiday!

Danielle Jones is from Jeannette, Pennsylvania--a small town with big pride. As an English, Writing major with a minor is Business Administration she loves words and truly believes in their power. She is currently one of two Campus Correspondents for Her Campus at IUP. In her free time, Danielle enjoys reading, writing, and all things Shonda Rhimes.