Fun Halloween/Fall Activities To Do In Pittsburgh!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.
  • Pumpkin Patch
    • Going to a pumpkin patch is a very fun fall activity to do. I go every year with friends or my family, and we carve them, and then my mom makes pumpkin pie with the seeds!
  • Haunted House
    • I get scared very easily so a haunted house may not be for me, and some people, but if you like the thrill and excitement, going to one is a nice event to go to closer to Halloween. 
  • Haunted Hayrides
    • Like I have said, haunted activities are not my type of thing, but I do enjoy them! Hayrides are better because you are with a group of people instead of maybe one other person compared to a haunted house. 
  • Kennywood Fright-Nights
    • Kennywood is an amusement park in Pittsburgh. Every year starting around late September, they hold an event call “Kennywood Fright Night,” where the park is all spooky, and a bunch of actors dress up in extremely scary Halloween costumes and go around and scare people. It is worth a go!
  • Watch scary movies
    • Even if you do not like going out to scary events around Pittsburgh, it is always nice to stay in and watch scary movies and make popcorn. Grabbing a group of friends and just having a sleepover and having a movie night is always fun! 
Emily Beyer is a writer at the Her Campus Chapter at IUP. Beyond Her Campus, Emily works at a local elementary schools after school program and oversees a group of K-2 graders. She has been to many professional development conferences to further her studies in education. Emily is a senior at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania majoring in Early Childhood & Special Education. In her free time, Emily loves to write, shop, watch Grey's Anatomy, and listen to podcasts. Also, she enjoys going to the gym and working out as a distraction from her studies.