This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Euphoria is a show that aired on HBO Max back in June of 2019. It is a show starring Zendaya, as the main character, “Rue.” Season one displays her life as a recovering drug addict. It also goes into detail about abuse, rape, and other heavy topics. Season two just aired on television and is based around the same storyline. Personally, I believe anyone that loves a good suspenseful show, that this is the one for you! The end of every episode has a cliffhanger so until you click to watch the next episode, you do not know what happens. This is why it is so binge-worthy! Though, it is an unrealistic expectation of how high school is portrayed and how teenagers view it.  

Furthermore, even though it may display some actions that teens should not do, it references some good lessons. It displays the struggle of the day-to-day life of a recovering addict, and how to motivate them to reach the goal of being clean. Euphoria also shows how to get out of a toxic, abusive relationship that could be controlling your life. Regarding relationships, the cast of Euphoria also supports the LGTBQ community by portraying characters of the same sex in a relationship. These three issues are some that are seen in today’s society and culture. Despite just watching it because of the entertainment, maybe people could learn valuable lessons from watching the series.  

So, if you are into binge-worthy, suspenseful shows then Euphoria is for you. Go grab your laptop, iPhone, or television and start watching it today! And do not worry, this is not how everyone’s high school experience is.  

Emily Beyer is a writer at the Her Campus Chapter at IUP. Beyond Her Campus, Emily works at a local elementary schools after school program and oversees a group of K-2 graders. She has been to many professional development conferences to further her studies in education. Emily is a senior at the Indiana University of Pennsylvania majoring in Early Childhood & Special Education. In her free time, Emily loves to write, shop, watch Grey's Anatomy, and listen to podcasts. Also, she enjoys going to the gym and working out as a distraction from her studies.