Can You Solve the Mysteries of BuzzFeed Unsolved?

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

In the last couple of weeks, I have been binge watching BuzzFeed’s Unsolved Supernatural and True Crime series. Apparently, they have been just the combination of creepy and hilarious that I’ve been looking for.

(Gif from giphy.com)

In the Supernatural series, Ryan Bergara and Shane Madej travel around the country, and sometimes even the world, to go check out the supposed haunted sites in person. While debatable if some of their encounters are proof of ghosts or demons, there is no doubt that it can put you on the edge of your seat.

(Gif from giphy.com)

Ryan is a firm believer in ghosts and believes that their audio equipment often picks up possible phrases or screams. On the other hand, Shane is a skeptic and thinks that Ryan is crazy.

(Gif from giphy.com)

My favorite episode from the series thus far definitely shows their difference in opinion. It is called The Demonic Goatman’s Bridge and Shane continues to try to provoke the Goatman to get him to come out while Ryan stands there in fear. You can watch it here.

(Gif from giphy.com)

The True Crime series covers unsolved cold cases and the theories that surround them. While going through the theories, Shane and Ryan comment on what theory they think is most likely or come up with their own theory. Though they do not travel, they still have quite intriguing moments and discussions.

(Gif from giphy.com)

Overall, I think these two are hilarious and make the shows what they are. I highly recommend both shows if you’re into ghosts, crimes, or you’re just looking for a laugh! If you have a Hulu account, you can watch it there or you can go to BuzzFeed Blue’s page and watch it on YouTube. Happy watching!

Gabrielle Bonnar is a current undergrad student at IUP who enjoys writing for HerCampus. She enjoys writing articles as a way to express her opinions and experiences throughout her life. Also, this acts as an outlet for her to write about new interests and ideas that she might not be able to express as well through her other artistic mediums. Being a member of Her Campus has strenghtened her abilities as a writer and she is excited to see where this portfolio of pieces takes her in the future. Follow her on Instagram and Twitter at @typical_guby.