This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at IUP chapter.

Can we skip summer?

Ok, ok! I know what you are thinking. Warm, clear weather in PA is scarce, I am aware. What I mean is my fall semester of my junior year is going to be the best yet, I just have a feeling. I meant Anthony at IUP so unfortunately, he lives on the other side of the state. If you don’t live in PA then you don’t know but our state is massive and it takes 5-6 hours to get from West to East. I live in the Pittsburgh area and he lives in the Philly area so you can apple map it if you want but its forever. ALSO, the PA turnpike is $20 one way. I get to see him for like 3 weeks out of the whole summer and it seems like a long time but I’m selfish. Now that this quarantine is going on I am already missing time with him that I won’t get back. It just increased our time apart.

Photo Of Person Driving
Peter Fazekas / Pexels

I love the summer. I love swimming, fishing, camping, driving with the windows down, being able to play with my flag (color guard), and late-night campfires. Everything about it is great; the only part that makes it sad is not having him to enjoy it with me. I am also excited about the semester for other reasons too. I’m not that much of a sap.

Pile of logs
Sharad Bhat

We have a room with a living room in it next semester. I know we are going to have movie nights, game nights, family dinners, and so much more. It’s so great! Just me, Anthony, and Christyn. I’m excited about my classes. I am done with gen eds so I am taking all major related classes. I will be taking animal development, organic chemistry, physics, and child development. They will be hard but I plan to start the semester off good so it will end well!

The Lalastack Of Old Books And Glasses
Her Campus Media

The thing I am most excited about is Her Campus though. Next semester, I will be chapter president and I am so excited. I plan on raising funds for a very important organization and cause as well as having fun with my girls. I am going to join the American Medical Student Society as well. Since I am a medical student I think it’ll help me in the network and get me around people similar to me.

Lindsay Thompson-Neon Sign Where You Need To Be Miami Bar Inspiration
Lindsay Thompson / Her Campus

I love summer but the fall holds what I predict to be the best time of my life.

Alicia is an aspiring doctor. She intends to graduate from IUP in 2022 and attend Medical School directly after to become a medical doctor specializing in pediatrics. She enjoys watching movies, hanging with friends, and community service. She is a dog lover and has a pug names Porky that makes her smile on her worst days. Family is everything to her as you probably have read.